Thursday, May 10, 2012

Boston Day 3 - Two Very Fine Schools and Two Very Fine Treats

The next morning, off to Harvard!

Havard has an annual average of about 7.2% acceptance rate. It might be hardly worth applying.

The Old Yard is turning 375.


The John Harvard Statue is famous for its three little lies (hint hint that's not really him)!

Then it was off to the Legal Sea Foods, one of Boston's most popular restaurants! Very Fine Treat #1: Clam Chowder was in the works. Full of clams and potatoes and my favourite - CREAM!

Fried clams with fries was a little ambitious on the day before the marathon. The waitress wouldn't let me substitute the fries for the clam chowder; hence, the decision was a no-brainer - I had to get both.

Fancy light fixtures caught my attention.

You won't find this in Harvard.

From Harvard's pretty Harry Potter look to MIT's almost unfinished improvised look. I got the impression a delinquent randomly drew up these geometry to rebell against the rest of historic Boston.

When we found our friend Liam and we sure didn't mess around. We found the highly tasty Very Fine Treat #2: Boston Crème Pies (albeit the mini-version without the exterior creme and cocoanut) at the Quincy Market where Carl and I had originally pass by in our Freedom Trail Run.

 

Yes these weren't the full sized ones, but who were we to nick pick. These were fabulous. I ate most of the top layered pudding first, realizing it was all cake on the bottom (I was told I was eating it all incorrectly).
More to come on the real one...this was only the mini version. Carl, Liam and I ended up sitting on this bench all day for nearly 4 hours catching up (and smelling the wonderful horse poop seen in the background). I was too tired to walk after a few days of travel. The marathon we planned on tacting on was also the next day. NBD!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment