Wednesday, October 6, 2010

That T-word.

Week 9/10 to Marathon

When I run, I feel like I am unstoppable (as per Newton’s first law of motion).

So you can imagine trying to stop or slow me down at the very least.

But, it’s time to take a step back and recharge those little batteries. How to become one step closer to global domination, STEP No. 22: Chillax.

So ‘chilled’ and ‘relaxed’, I can omit some letters for the sake of chillaxing.

This is probably by far the least exciting part of my 10 week training regime. Sleep for 8 hours, nap midday, and run less often. Yep. Boring stuff. ZzzzZZZZzzz. I'm dozing off just blogging about it.



We do like numbers to back us up when faced with a challenge. Here is the training breakdown during the past nine weeks.



Exhibit A is for those silly people thinking I’m just a madman on runners (usually they’re right).


Exhibit A: See proof, I do TAPER!



Exhibit B reveals the “proposed long run” of the week & actual “long run” kilometres.


Exhibit B: So far so good-ish! =D

Tapering also involves the mental aspect. Selecting race gear and nutrition as well as focusing and becoming familiar with the race details, etc. I think I am ready as one can be.



Alright so the question remains, have I tapered enough for my marathon? Even bigger question, will I qualify for Boston? Or will I have overtrained and dug myself my own grave site?



Stay tuned to this weekend in Victoria for my killer second crack at the marathon distance.



Boston Boston Boston! Maybe the more times I mention Boston, the more likelihood of my chances for qualifying! Eh? =)



No comments:

Post a Comment