Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Declaration – Three Hundred Sixty One

I’ve been feverously talking about it for some time now.

What I am about to say may not mean much to the casual spectator (the ones who think I'm crazy already), and it won't stop me from saying it.  But I definitely believe this is the one step that will cannon bolt me to the big leagues!

I started the sport of triathlon from scratch only six years ago, back in first year; those were the days of swimming with bulky board shorts, riding a ridiculous hulking mountain bike onto the streets, and running with heavily worn-down sneakers without any proper sense of pacing. Back in those dino-years, I thought to myself, how cool would it be to swim in open waters, bike along mountain sides with spectacular views, and run with the crowds cheering you on the entire way.

Having taken as many baby steps as I did to get to today, I believe the only next logical step is coming baby!



OMG! OMG! OMG! Yep, it’s official! OMG! OMG! OMG! 


Volunteered for 2010, camped out, entered 7th in line, had credit card and driver’s licence in hand, signed the next year of my life away...and secured my spot for the 2011 Ironman Canada!

On August 28th, 2011, three hundred and sixty one days from today, I vow to cross that finish line for the very first time and say “I freaking did it!” That is all.

How to become one step closer to global domination, STEP No. 11: believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment