Thursday, July 15, 2010

Full-Time Triathlete =)

Since summer school finished about three weeks ago, I am enjoying the time of my life. Less than two months later I will be committed to working for the long haul. Dun dun dunnnn...please help me!

Okay maybe it’s not as bad as it sounds. I wonder if there is a book for dummies on how to transition to the real world? Instead of T1 or T2, but TRealWorld. Last year was simple; two words that could postpone the inevitable – GRAD SCHOOL!



Some Most will argue my current lifestyle is very much like being a F/T triathlete. All I do really is really quite obvious if you’ve been following my blog. I wake up 5:30am, watch the TdF. Rest, eat, nap, train and do some housework, snack, eat, ETC. At 7pm I will still be in denial thinking that OLN had made a huge mistake of not airing primetime coverage of TdF in Canada.

While some may choose to travel the world and/or visit exotic beach destinations, I made it quite obvious my mission is Global Domination for some time now. And on a budget too (you know?) because it can get quite expensive. At least for me, it’s particularly difficult to roll out more than a grand piano espeically if you’re not racing there.

Yep one of the early steps to reaching global domination in a sustainable fashion, How to become one step closer to reaching global domination while still on a budget, STEP No. 3: think globally, act locally.

So far I’m on the right track. I broke 40 minutes for the 10km Vancouver Sun Run, and only recently broke 5 hours for the Subaru Vancouver Half IM. This has been a breakout season for me. In previous years, getting one PB would have been somewhat awesome, this year I have 5 already! Oh crap, sorry I don’t mean to brag.

I finished Vancouver Half IM with the feeling I could still hold the pace and didn’t want to stop. I need to work on speed. That is to swim faster, T1 faster, bike faster, T2 faster, and run faster. This is a lot to ask for Sooke Half IM in a little over three weeks.

I’m still nursing the foot injury and haven’t been putting as much running in as I like.

My sources are telling me that it is also about a 10minute longer course. Realistically, I probably won’t pb this race, but it will be a great learning experience on the scenic course. I’m keen on improving my swimming time at the very least.

Those are my thoughts of the day. Happy training my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment