Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Catching a Flight

Vancouver Tri
All week leading up to my trip to Switzerland, I was scrambling to get everything ready. Bought a Garmin. Bollowed a bike box. Took out some Swiss francs. Etc. Etc.

Before I knew it, it was the day of my flight. I had managed a mere 4 hours of sleep, but I figured I would bank it back on the plane. Also I figured it wouldn't hurt to tact on doing a relay run at the Vancouver tri. Crazy? Maybe...but I had to squeeze in my training one way or another. An Ironman was looming only one week away.

I had never been good at team sports. Doing the relay run meant that I had all day to kill minus the little flight to catch. Got to witness Olympican Brent McMahon do all three swims and winning them all. Remarkable! Paula Findlay was also competing (Trust me, I was all giddy inside).

Brent McMahon!

I even saw a seal swimming on course. Did a lot more cheerleading than actual racing.

It was hot.  Slurpee before the flight was well deserved.


Switzerland here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment