Monday, February 28, 2011

Brace yourselves for it...

... I LOVE my race water bottles.



Perhaps there are better reasons to do a triathlon, BUT really!? Let’s be honest here, all self-respecting triathletes alike enjoy collecting (or for the most keen finding previously discarded ones) and then displaying their hard-earned race water bottles proudly (see inserted photographic item above). For me, they are reminders of how far I have come as a triathlete.

I genuinely love to race and compete against the clock and others. The next best thing to achieving a PB, however, is useable and highly coveted race-plasticware. Laff all you want, but I can’t wait to add to my collection this weekend. =D

This will be my 7th attempt at the UBC Tri/Du, since I made my first debut into the sport.

My first two races were on a front suspension mountain bike – no doubt those were my glory days. For the last four years, I had raced on my road bike. This year I hope to rock out my tri-bike and simply have that much anticipated three letter word – FUN.

No real expectations here, it is still very much early into the tri-season. I’m just going brace myself for the cold weather and race conditions, and hope to pull something in the sub 2:30s. It should be an exciting race, since so many team members will also be doing it. Good luck to everyone racing this weekend and stay toasty warm to those volunteering! =)

1 comment: